Sunday, February 11, 2018

Reverse Confetti - Monsterous


Hey there!   I hope you had a wonderful weekend!   My husband gave me my Valentine's day gift a little early (Ikea Kallax) and I spent the weekend organizing and cleaning out my craft room!!!!!!  YAY!!   He is a good man!  I absolutely love it!    I had a little time to get crafty and had this card design in my head.   It is a non traditional Valentine card for a friend of mine!  

I started out by stamping out the two monsters from Reverse Confetti Monsterous stamp set on Premier Polar White cardstock.    I colored the images with my Copic markers and then die cut them with the matching Monsterous Confetti Cuts.   



To make my background, I used Bristol Smooth cardstock and sponged Reverse Confetti Abyss and Wisteria inks onto the background.   Then I splattered it with some dark navy watercolor paint.   To make my moon, I used watercolor cardstock and used some black watercolor and really watered it down.   I painted and dried it several times and then splattered it as well.   I then gave it a curved edge.   




I was going to add a heart in-between the two monsters but I did not like the way the monsters had to tilt.   So I scrapped that idea and just put them side by side.   For the sentiment, I used A Friend Like You and white heat embossed it.  I added the panel to a Mist card base.    For some sparkle,  I adhered some Darice Crystal sequins and added some blue/white twine. 



I played along with Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - It must be love - non traditional Valentine card for a friend



I hope you had time to get crafty this weekend!    Have a wonderful week!  

And Happy Valentine's Day! 














2 comments:

  1. Hey, Tricia - thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613! I really like this card design - the grey planet & the sky with the splatters and the sequins make a great background for the colorful images. The sentiment is perfect for the image - well done!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card! Thank you for your participation in the HeArtful Stamping Challenge!

    ReplyDelete