Tuesday, January 24, 2017

My Favorite Things - Warm & Fuzzy Friends - Casing a Card


Today, I am sharing a card that I cased! 

I have pinned hundreds of cards on Pinterest.   Every once in a while when my mojo is not really there or I am short on crafting time,  I will search on Pinterest for some inspiration.   I had these images stamped out for quite some time.    I colored them up one night and then this weekend when I had a small amount of time to craft, I searched my Pinterest board and was inspired by this card by SonjaK.  Here is a link to her blog, which is very inspiring: Sonja's blog.   

I



The images had been colored with Copic markers and then cut out with my Scan and Cut.   This card was pulled together from my image stash, stamped background pile, and precut die cuts for sentiments for some quick card making.   

When I get a new stamp set, I will stamp out the images on some card stock and save them for coloring later.  I will color them and then cut them out with my die cuts or Scan and Cut and save for later.    I will also make extra background panels.  These come in so handy when I am short on crafting time but want to make a card.    

For this card, all I need to do was
add the white panel of MFT Smooth White card stock cut with a scalloped and stitched basic border die from MFT.   The sentiment was stamped on a black Fishtail Flag die cut.   (I also will die cut this shape from various basic colored card stocks like black, white and grey and keep on hand for embossing or inking with a sentiment).  

So to sum up some quick tips for card making on the fly: 
1) Stamp your images when you get a new stamp set and save the images to color later.  You can go and ahead color and cut them out to add to a card later as well. 
2) Stamp out or watercolor background panels several at a time and save for later to make a quick card panels. 
3) Die cut your favorite sentiment shapes - flags, banners, strips in neutral card stocks like white, black and grey for adding a quick sentiment to a card. 




This card came together in about 30 minutes, which included my search on Pinterest! 


Share with me your tips for quick card making!   

Thanks for stopping by! 

SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. WOW, this card is pretty darn amazing! Love the layout, the pattern paper you chose and those stamped images are so adorable, not to mention how awesome your coloring is. I really like your card making style!

    ReplyDelete