Monday, October 5, 2015

Simple Copic Coloring - Birthday Bears

For World Card Making day, I had the opportunity to create several cards.   I saw this card on My Favorite Things blog and used it for some inspiration.   In this instance, less coloring of the images is better.  I used one color and really just scribbled the color on.  No shading!    The bears were super easy as I just really outlined the images and put some color on for the cheeks.  For the background, I sponged Simon Says Stamp dye ink in Hot Mama and Teeny Bikini on smooth white card stock and then spritzed with the Mister Huey spray and set aside to dry.     I layered the ink piece with the oval frame and layered some plaid paper underneath to add some more color and interest to the card.    I loved the sketch look of the coloring and it was super quick and simple.    I am seeing more and more sketchy coloring on cards!   I love the look.     I am entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge blog Anything Goes and World Card Making post.  





All products used were from My Favorite Things unless I indicate otherwise: 

Stamps:  Birdie Brown Birthday Bears
Inks: Hybrid Hot Fudge, Versamark, SSS Hot Mama and Teeny Bikini 
Papers:  Smooth White, Copic Xpress It, Plaid Pattern Paper Pack
Tools:  Stitched Oval Frames, BB Birthday Bear dies, Mister Huey Opaque White Spray Mist, Pierced Fishtail Flag Stax, Ranger Liquid Pearl Embossing Powder, Copic Markers










I will have some more cards to share this week from my World Card Making weekend! 


2 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! I love these little bears!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so super cute! I love the ink blending! Thanks so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete