Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Which way is the candy?

Hello again!    Fall has started and I am getting out all my fall and halloween stamp sets.      I love this time of the year.   The only thing that I will miss is the longer days.    Soon, it will be dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home.    I will only see my house in the daylight on the weekend. I watercolored the witch image from the Birdie Brown set, Which way is the Candy?    I used my Zig markers and water colored the image.    The background was done with Distress inks instead of the Zig.  I find it easier to make the background with them.   This little witch always makes me think of Samantha on Bewitched, for the younger crowd, that is an old TV show.   For the watercolor background, I really wanted a lot of spots and marks to reflect what I love about watercoloring.   You dry your background in-between coats and you will get the cool spotted look.    





Stamps:  MFT Birdie Brown Which way is the Candy? 
Inks: Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Pumice Stone, Black Soot, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint
Papers: Carlson Watercolor paper, SU Basic Black
Tools: Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, Recollections Black Rhinestones







Happy Haunting!  



No comments:

Post a Comment