Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Favorite Things Wendy Burns Designs, Best Friends

Adding to my stash of Birthday Cards.   I absolutely love MFT stamps Wendy Burns Designs, the images are so cute and really easy to color for those that are learning to color images.    I would consider myself to still be in the learning stages of coloring faces and hair.   What I have come to learn is that you must practice, practice and practice.  Blending is sometimes a challenge for me that I am trying to learn.    I either blend too little and get lines or blend too much, especially with hair!   I will stamp multiple images out of the same stamp and just start coloring it different ways.  You learn what you like and what you don't like.  I find that some stamps I will gravitate to Distress Markers and others I will want to only use Copics.   I have two examples to share today of the same image but one colored with Copics and the other colored with Distress Markers.  They are two different looks and you really cannot compare the two side by side.   It simply comes down to a matter of preference and style!!  

Let me know which one you prefer!

Thanks for looking!

Stamps: MFT WBD Best Friends, MFT LJD Birthday Greetings
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PI Kraft, MFT Whip Cream, Basic Grey Persimmon
Cool Tools: MFT Pierced Oval Stax, MFT Pierced Circle Stax
Copics Markers, Wink of Stella Clear



(TIP: with water coloring -- I tend to try to make it perfect and it is not a perfect coloring medium.   I am not really happy with her face and I tried to go over it again.   It did not blend very well.  What I have discovered with water coloring,  less is best.   When I try to make it perfect, I always wished I left it alone! :-)

Stamps:  MFT WBD Best Friends, MFT Wood grain Background, MFT Musical Note Background
Inks: Ranger Archival Black, MFT Sweet Tooth Pigment ink
Paper: PI Kraft, MFT Steel Grey, MFT Bubblegum Pink, MFT Berrylicious, Watercolor paper
Cool Tools:  Sewing Machine, Watercolor pen, MFT Blueprints 8, Button, Heat Gun




2 comments:

  1. Oh these are absolutely adorable! Love them both - great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling cards! I especially like the second one. :)

    ReplyDelete