Monday, January 13, 2014

Deconstructed Sketch 133 - Raptor Round your Finger!!

Another challenge card to post.   I have been trying to play more challenges this year!  This was a great Sketch - I played along with Deconstructed Sketch 133 with a My Favorite Things stamp from the Doodle Garden collection, I'm Raptor Round your Finger!

This is one that I got last year and it is absolutely one of my favorite images.   I love the little Raptor!!  This image was colored up with my Distress Markers on watercolor paper.    I used the MFT Pierced Rectangle Stax to frame the image up and used my Distress ink in Tea Dye to antique the edges.   I used several MFT Blueprints (4, 5, 6 & 8) dies to create my layers and embellishments!   I really love those Blueprints!    I created my own chip board embellishments by cutting out several die cuts layers and then glued them together with some mono multi glue.   I topped off the large heart with some patterned paper and for the small heart I used a Copic to color my paper to match my image and then added Wink of Stella and Tea Dye Distress ink to age the die cuts.

The sketch is really great to work with and I will be adding it to one of my favorites!   The card base is made from MFT Whip Cream and Steel Grey.   The pattern paper is Basic Grey True Love.   The ribbon is from Verve that I bought in a pack for Valentines last year (Truly Madly Deeply Collection).  I added sparkle to the card which is hard to see in the photo to all the little hearts and the heart that he is holding!

On the inside of the card, I stamped the sentiment and used the Blueprints 5 & 6 to create layers and added the main image again in some Coastal Cabana ink.   I don't have a picture of the inside.  I don't always finish the insides of my cards, but with this card I did.  


Thanks for looking!





No comments:

Post a Comment